- Title: Joshua Tree Sunrise
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Joshua Tree National Monument
- Nearest Town: Joshua Tree
- Brief Directions: After entering the National Park, take the road to Keyes View for a great view of the sunrise and sunset. This shot was taken next to the parking area for the viewpoint.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: The sun was about to rise in late December, creating transitioning tones from warm to cool colors. The unique form of a spectacular Joshua Tree was silhouetted against the evolving color palette of the sky. I elected to use a fill flash to add a few more colors to the image and to give more depth to the shot. Normally, an airplane contrail is the bane of landscape photographers, but the glowing one from this "red-eye flight, probably coming into Los Angeles, create a nice balance to the composition and another color "plane."
- Gear: Nikon D300, Tamron 18-270, Manfrotto Tripod, Nikon SB800 Flash
This Photo Has Been Viewed 808 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!