First Light On Mt Tom
- Title: First Light On Mt Tom
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Nearest Town: Bishop
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This was on a cold winter morning, with a storm happening on the other side of the Sierra Nevada. As we got out of the car, the light was a deep dark blue and the pond was bordered with ice. As the light grew, the sky and clouds started to glow and then slowly burst into these deep reds. The blazing reds lasted for about 10 minutes and then the sky turned into a steel gray. This was definitely a morning worth the early wake up!
- Gear: Canon 5DMII,16-35 f2.8, Singh-Ray GND, Hoya Polarizer, Induro Tripod, Manfrotto Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 159 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!