Clearing Storm Over El Capitan
- Title: Clearing Storm Over El Capitan
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Yosemite is lovely throughout the year but after a snowstorm, it is beautiful. If the storm clears at around sunrise or sunset, it is a magical. It had snowed quite a bit the previous night before and I made my way to Cathedral Beach for the golden hour anticipating the clearing storm would yield some good images. The warm rays of the sun melted the snow and the mist rose from the ground. El Cap seemed to tower over rest of the landscape and it looked like it was floating above the clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Sigma 18-55mm lens, Gitzo 2351 tripod with RRS BH40 Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 129 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!