- Title: River Of Leaves In Sandstone
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mount Diablo
- Nearest Town: Walnut Creek
- Brief Directions: Take Ignatio Valley Road, east out of Walnut Creek. The route to the mountain is well marked.
- Notes: There is something for the photographer no matter what time of year. All the views are outstanding.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: An area on the slopes of Mt. Diablo is known as Rock City --- a large area of contorted, carved ancient sandstone eroded and carved by the wind. A drift of live oak leaves has been washed into a crevice by the spring rains.
- Gear: NIKON D700; 30-300 Nikon lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 55 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!