Sunset At Tenaya Lake, Yosemite Np
- Title: Sunset At Tenaya Lake, Yosemite Np
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Hwy 120
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: A huge lenticular cloud was sitting over Tuolumne Meadows as I entered Yosemite National Park from the east side of the Sierra Nevada. It was late in the afternoon on May 25, 2013, I was going to the valley floor to try and catch a moonbow at Yosemite Falls under the full moon. It was just before sunset when I arrived at Tenaya Lake, one of my favorite spots in Yosemite. Looking back toward Tuolumne, the lenticular cloud was visible from the far edge of the lake. I set up my tripod turned on my camera and the magic began. Yosemite is the most beautiful, serene place (once you escape the crowds). This image captures the last bit of evening light hitting the massive lenticular cloud and surrounding peaks.
- Gear: Nikon D700/Nikkor 24-120mm/Circular Polarizer/Oben Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 190 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!