Glacial Tarn, Piute Creek
- Title: Glacial Tarn, Piute Creek
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Paiute Pass, John Muir Wilderness Area
- Nearest Town: Aspendale
- Notes: This is the headwater of the Piute Creek, in the Eastern Sierra. The stream drops through a chain of small glacial lakes to fill Upper and Lower Paiute Lakes, through North Lake, and into Bishop Creek. It was very hot and dry far below in the Owens Valley - but bright and cool here at over 11,000 feet.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: I came on this small glacial lake at 3:30 in the afternoon under a bright harsh sky, with building clouds. I shot this at full wide 16mm because I wanted to pull in as much of the scene as possible. 1/160 sec at f/10, ISO 320. I converted to Black & White using NIK Silver Effects Pro.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII,16-35 f2.8, Hoya Polarizer, Induro Tripod, Manfrotto Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 201 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!