- Title: Turkish Bathrobe
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: 37.008581
- Nearest Town: Davenport
- Brief Directions: Drive north from Santa Cruz 10 miles to reach the town of Davenport. Park opposite the pedestrian cross walk and walk south to get to the beach.
- GPS Longitude: -122.192823
- GPS Latitude: 37.008581
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: On this evening I was getting bored of shooting formulaic "crashing wave cascading over rock" seascapes, so I backed up the beach a bit in order to get a fresh view. From this perspective, I was struck by how the waves that had seemed so intense close up now appeared to be much softer as they wrapped around the Davenport Beach seastack. I further enhanced this softness by slowing my shutter speed to add a bit of blur to the wave. It was this softness that made me think of a nice, cozy Turkish bathrobe.
- Gear: Nikon D300s, Manfrotto Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 418 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!