- Title: Lake Fulmor
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Highway 243
- Nearest Town: Idyllwild
- Brief Directions: From I-10 in Banning, exit on Eighth street and follow the signs to Idyllwild. Head South on Hwy. 243 (up the mountain) for 15 miles to the lake. A $5 Forest Adventure Pass is required. San Bernardino National Forest - (951) 659-2117
- Notes: Lake Fulmor is located in the San Jacinto mountains of California, only 10 miles from the charming town of Idyllwild. The stunning backdrop of mountains and sky provide year-round photographic opportunities. In winter, the lake can have a thin sheet of ice on top and snow tipped rocks and trees. Spring and summer are good times to bring out your macro lens for ladybugs, wildflowers, and butterflies. The lake is stocked with fish, so catching a shot of a line being cast against the sun is a good possibility. This small but beautiful lake has provided me with some of my favorite shots.
- Best Season: Spring
- Gear: Wide angle lens, telephoto lens, polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 291 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!