Monsoon Over Whitney
- Title: Monsoon Over Whitney
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Alabama Hills
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Notes: Shot handheld from the roadside. The light and shadows were scudding across Lone Pine Peak and Whitney, the monsoon clouds softened the light enough to make mid-afternoon shot work. f/8.0, 1/160 sec, 140mm at ISO 100. Finished in Lightroom 5 and NIK Silver Efex Pro.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: The summer monsoon can bring lightening and fires, but it also can bring clouds and fine light. The middle Sierra was filled with smoke from the 2013 Aspen Fire, but the Range of Light was clear with clean and crisp air. Mount Whitney with a good look at the Mountaineer's Route.
- Gear: Canon 5DMII, 70-200 f2.8 IS, Hoya Polarizer
This Photo Has Been Viewed 152 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!