Lake Tahoe Sunset
- Title: Lake Tahoe Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Sand Harbor
- Nearest Town: Incline Village
- Brief Directions: off hwy 28
- Notes: While driving around shooting fall color you could tell that the possibility of storm to the north could end our good light for the end of the day. Being a few hours south of Tahoe I hit the road. By the time I was at the lake the storm had slowed and thing were setting up nice for a great sunset. I went to a point I had shot from before and arrange these rocks in the foreground. The color was unlike any sunset I had ever seen. The entire lake turned red for 5+ minutes. This allowed a bracketed set of exposures resulting in this last 4 minute exposure.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: An early Oct. storm meets the setting sun over Lake Tahoe and the Sierra mountains.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 207 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!