- Title: Bridalveil Fall
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Mariposa, CA -- but that's a stretch!
- Brief Directions: San Francisco/Bay area
Distance: 195 mi / 314 km
Take I-580 east to I-205 east to Highway 120 east (Manteca) or Highway 140 east (Merced) into Yosemite National Park.
- Notes: Winter is least crowded -- but views with fresh snow and low clouds are truly memorable; summer is the most crowded, with traffic and people everywhere in the valley. The many waterfalls are most spectacular in the spring with the snowmelt -- but there is a chance the roads above the valley will be closed due to high snow. Book well ahead of planned arrival.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Located at the west end of Yosemite Valley, a short walk leads to this spring morning view of this spectacular waterfall. Bring an umbrella or poncho!
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikon 12~24mm and 18~200mm zooms, polarizer, Velbon tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 770 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!