Yosemite At Glacier Point
- Title: Yosemite At Glacier Point
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Glacier Point/ Wawona District of the park
- Nearest Town: Mariposa
- Brief Directions: Yosemite National Park is situated within the Sierra Nevada Mountains in eastern California. I use Highway 140 to reach the park's western boundary from Merced, California- but there are entrance points through Tuolumne Meadows and Wawona areas of the park too. Glacier Point is located at 7200 feet elevation and is accessed through the Wawona area of the park.
- Notes: CANON 1V PB-E2 MOTOR DRIVE
CANON 20MM F2.8
BOGEN/ MANFROTTO 3021 TRIPOD
2-SEC. TIMER WITH MIRROR LOCK-UP ENABLED
1/20 F18 ISO 100
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I worked for a concessions services company at the Ahwanee Hotel as a Baker's Helper for about fifteen months during which time, I photographed the park during my days off from work. This photo was made during one of those days off in the middle of summer, around 2:30 in the afternoon, which accounts for its crispy, contrasty look given the sun's angle during that time of day.
- Gear: CANON EOS 1V PB-E2 MOTOR DRIVE; CANON 20MM F2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 226 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!