- Title: Evening Commute
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: San Francisco Bay Area
- Nearest Town: San Francisco
- Brief Directions: Take the Golden Gate Bridge North across the San Francisco Bay. Take the first exit, Alexander St and at the stop sign turn left. You'll go underneath the highway and to your right will be a turn-in for the Marin Headlands. Park at first available spot.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: For those using the Golden Gate Bridge, not a bad sunset for the evening commute home!
A landscape photo of a truly majestic, beautiful sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge with the fog beginning to roll in and engulf the city of San Francisco.
This photograph almost didn't come to exist. I was sitting at home, when I started to notice the sky changing colors into what I was hoping would be a spectacular sunset. I grabbed my camera, my wife and our dog and rushed out the door. Fortunately we live less than 2 miles from the Golden Gate Bridge and as we approached, the sky began to bloom into the brilliant colors captured here. I literally sprinted to the top of the Marin Headlands, dropped to my knee, steadied the camera, and grabbed this photograph. Out of breath but quite relieved at the results.
- Gear: Canon 6D, Canon L 24-105
This Photo Has Been Viewed 394 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!