Mojave Desert Bighorn Sheep
- Title: Mojave Desert Bighorn Sheep
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Joshua Tree National Park
- Nearest Town: Joshua Tree
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Another early morning rise and drive brought me to the top of a mountain in Joshua Tree National Park. I was hoping to find some of these beautiful and sturdy beasts but didn't expect to find a herd of 12 Rams in the early morning light. These Desert Bighorn do not require drinking water in winter when green vegetation is available. During the summer months they visit waterholes at least every three days.
- Gear: Canon 5D MK III, Canon f2.8, 70-200 mm IS II, ISO 800, shutter 1000, 200mm.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 642 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!