Apologies For Cathedral's Bride
- Title: Apologies For Cathedral's Bride
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Valley
- Description: "Rainbows apologize for angry skies." ~ Sylvia Voirol.....
After getting through the worst of storm, I finally started descending into Yosemite Valley and my first visions of the valley were met with this apology for my trouble.......
Often the first waterfall visitors to Yosemite Valley see, Bridalveil Falls drops 620 feet from a U-shaped hanging valley. Once just a stream flowing down a valley until glacial activity carved away Yosemite Valley leaving this 'valley that falls off a cliff.' Bridalveil Falls flows all year out of the Cathedral Rock and Spires, transforming from a thunderous torrent in the spring to a light swaying flow later in the season.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 875 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!