- Title: Whitney Portal
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Eastern Sierra Nevada
- Nearest Town: Lone Pine
- Brief Directions: Interstate 395 to Lone Pine
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I shot this on the 1999 Zone System Spring Camping Trip while I was a student at Brooks Institute. We were driving up the Whitney Portal road in the Eastern Sierra Nevada and the sun broke through the clouds reminding me of some otherworldly portal. To me this is Whitney Portal...
- Gear: Pentax k1000, Tmax 100 Zone rated, 28mm, handheld
This Photo Has Been Viewed 656 times
, Black & White
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!