Eastern Sierras, Early July
Lorraine D Weglarz
- Title: Eastern Sierras, Early July
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- Brief Directions: Mono Lake is a just 12-15 miles southeast of the Eastern Entrance of the Tioga Pass in Yosemite National Park. Make right at Hwy 395 south and watch for sign to lake on your left. Entrance fee is required to this California State Park.
- Notes: This lake is extremely alkaline & has no marine life except for brine shrimp; boating of any kind requires permit and is extremely limited because the lake is temporary home to many migrating bird species.
The weather and time of day dictates best time to shoot. It is high-desert with high winds that swoop down over the mountains; very hot & dry in mid-summer. No services;camping is not allowed.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Taken mid-morning on a cloudless and wind free early summer day from the southern shoreline of Mono Lake. No filters used, just set on auto mode with this very basic point shoot digital.
- Gear: Concord Eye-Q digital camera
This Photo Has Been Viewed 202 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!