Snow Monkey Of Japan: Macaque
- Title: Snow Monkey Of Japan: Macaque
- Country: Japan
- Nearest Area: Located on the Yokoyu River, four hours from Tokyo.
- Nearest Town: Nagano
- Brief Directions: The Snow Monkeys of Japan live in Jigokudani Yaenkoen (Hell Valley Wild Monkey Park) located in the mountains of Nagano. Nagano is approximately 4 hours from Tokyo.
- Notes: The only way I found to take detailed pictures of these monkeys was to shoot in manual mode. The contract of the snow, sun, water and the animals was such that any other mode would not catch the details required to see these beautiful animals.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: This picture is of an adult Japanese Macaque Monkey. Every few hours a park employee feeds these animals grains. This monkey is in the process of picking grain out of the snow.
What drew me to him was his location, below a water fall, the snow falling and sticking on his head, his color, and most important, his crippled left arm.
- Gear: Nikon D3, Nikor300mm, f2.8
This Photo Has Been Viewed 616 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!