Early Winter-central Sierra Nevada
- Title: Early Winter-central Sierra Nevada
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Central Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Nearest Town: Shaver Lake
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Winter came early this year to the Sierra Nevada. This pond is about 200 yards from my house, and I had been there two weeks earlier photographing mallards and other migratory birds. After three days of snowfall and frigid temperatures, I headed down to the pond at dusk on Thanksgiving eve to see the transformation; it was nothing short of dramatic from my last time there. (I should add that at 6000 feet at dusk, the sky and clouds looked that purple; I did very little post processing on this image.)
- Gear: Canon 5D MKII, Canon 16-35mm 2.8 lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 286 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!