Red Rock, Blue Sly / Joshua Tree National Park
Bob Simari / Baldwin, Ny
- Title: Red Rock, Blue Sly / Joshua Tree National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: SR 62
- Nearest Town: Twentynine Palms
- Brief Directions: Joshua Tree can be entered off SR 62 in Twentynine Palms. The Park Boulevard takes you past several campgrounds surrounded by the wonderfully sculpted and jumbled rocks for with this national park is famous-in addition to its namesake trees.
- Notes: The jumbled rocks of Joshua Tree can be relatively dull in the harsh light of midday; however, shortly before the sun sets it casts a spectacular orange glow and the rocks, for a few short minutes, come alive with surreal color. This photo was taken about a minute before the sun hit the horizon; the pollution west of the park often produces spectacular sunsets here. A medium telephoto lens of about 85mm was used to capture this shot. Nikon F100/ Nikkor 70-200 f 2.8 zoom/ tripod/Fuji Velvia 50 scanned with Minolta Dimage Elite scanner/slight adjustments in Photoshop CS2.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Both wide angle lenses and telephotos work well here.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 1163 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!