- Title: The Merced River
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mariposa
- Nearest Town: Merced
- Brief Directions: From Los Angeles one can take the 5, then the 132 which passes by Modesto, and then a bit of the 120 which will get one into the park.
- Notes: Most people think Summer is the best time for photography in the park, but Spring, from late March to early June, I find is the best time to come to Yosemite National Park. During Summer it is beautiful too but too many people go to the park.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: There are several ways to enter Yosemite Park, but I like driving close to the Merced River.
This shot was taken on April 15, 2009
Focal length: 24 mm
Exposure Time: 1/250 sec.
- Gear: Canon Digital Rebel Xti
This Photo Has Been Viewed 239 times
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!