Cathedral Rocks, Yosemite National Park
Stephen W. Hinch
- Title: Cathedral Rocks, Yosemite National Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: State Highway 41
- Nearest Town: Yosemite Village
- Brief Directions: From Yosemite Village, head west toward the park entrance along Northside Drive. The parking lot is on your left at a spot called Valley View, just before you get to the junction with SR41. For a different perspective, walk a few hundred feet upstream, away from the crowds.
- Notes: Sometimes just a little change in perspective can make a big difference. This photo was taken near a popular parking area called Valley View, but unlike almost every other published shot from this location, it doesn't include El Capitan in the frame. Rather than shoot from the parking lot, I moved a few hundred feet upstream for this view. Although it was a crowded October weekend and I was there for over an hour, not a single other photographer came near this spot.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Tripod and wide angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 898 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!