Moro Rock, Sequoia National Park.
Brian D Smith
- Title: Moro Rock, Sequoia National Park.
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Fresno
- Nearest Town: Hammond
- Brief Directions: From Hammond follow highway 198 into Sequoia National Park. The road winds around and past the parking area for Moro Rock Hiking trail, which allows visitors to climb the back side of this amazing granite formation.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: I've only gotten to Sequoia one time, but luck was on my side. A friend of mine and I happened to get a single day in Sequoia in early spring, and were lucky enough to have a late snow fall the night before our visit. As the storm cleared, Moro Rock shone clear against the blue sky, and I framed this handheld shot of the mountain and snowline as the remaining clouds scudded past.
- Gear: Canon EOS 1D Mark II w/ Canon 28-135 IS lens.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 894 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!