Little Petroglyph Canyon
- Title: Little Petroglyph Canyon
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: China Lake Naval Ordinance Testing Station
- Nearest Town: Ridgecrest, CA
- GPS Longitude: 117
- GPS Latitude: 35
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: There are about 50,000 ancient petroglyphs in two canyons that are on a US Naval military base. You can only visit by contacting the Maturango Museum in Ridgecrest and signing up for one of their guided tours. Well worth it. Because of the weather, tours only run in winter and spring.
- Gear: Nikon D700, 28-300mm
This Photo Has Been Viewed 255 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!