Colors Of Mono Lake
- Title: Colors Of Mono Lake
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Mammoth Lakes
- Nearest Town: Lee Vining
- GPS Longitude: -119.1445948
- GPS Latitude: 37.9904799
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Despite its location, Mono Lake is one of the saltiest lakes in California – with salt levels two to three times more potent than the ocean itself. The basin itself was formed millions of years ago as the earth’s crust warped. It now houses an incredible ecosystem consisting of brine shrimp, algae, and even alkali flies. Thousands of nesting birds call Mono Lake home, including California Gulls and Snowy Plovers. Dozens of other species, including birds such as Eared Grebes, Wilson’s Phalaropes, and Red-necked Phalaropes migrate to the area each year as well.
- Gear: Canon 30D. Sigma gold 10-20 fish eye, Gitzo carbonfiber triopd with manfrotto ballhead,
This Photo Has Been Viewed 432 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!