Clearing Storm Over Yosemite Valley
- Title: Clearing Storm Over Yosemite Valley
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley
- Nearest Town: Oakhurst
- Brief Directions: This is a very easy and classic view to get to within Yosemite. Simply take the Hwy 41 turnoff towards Bridal Vail Falls and Glacier Point. Just up the road you'll see a tunnel and a parking lot on either side of it's entrance.
- Notes: I made my annual spring trip to Yosemite in search of blooming Dogwoods and instead was greeted by a rain storm. Towards the end of the day I made my way to one of my favorite views of the valley in the hopes that the clouds would break. My prayers were answered in a very colorful and dramatic way as the setting sun put on a very impressive but short display of color.
- Best Season: Spring
- Description: Tunnel view is one of the classic Yosemite sights but one that as a photographer you have to have for yourself.
- Gear: Mamiya M645, Mamiya 55mm Lens, Fuji Velvia 50 Film, Polarizing Filter, Cokin 2-Stop Grad ND Filter, Bogen Tripod and Head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2220 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!