- Title: Horsetail Falls
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: Yosemite
- Brief Directions: this turnout is about 1.7 miles west of Yosemite Lodge. Get there early for a parking spot and also a good spot for your tripod.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Every February the sun hits Horsetail falls giving it an orange glow. I spent 4 days in Yosemite trying to catch this special occasion. It's a hit or miss event and I was lucky enough to come out with this photograph.
I used a tripod mounted 70-200 at 160mm f8 with an exposure of .3 sec.
- Gear: Canon 7D 70-200 f2.8 IS II
This Photo Has Been Viewed 305 times
, Sun & Sky
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!