Shores Of The Serpent
- Title: Shores Of The Serpent
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Morro Strand State Beach
- Nearest Town: Morro Bay
- Brief Directions: From L.A. travel three hours north along highway 101. Located just north of Morro Bay, California in San Luis Obispo County.
- GPS Longitude: 120
- GPS Latitude: 35
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I actually had inadvertently left the Cokin Grad filter on the camera. I had ment to take it off since the light from the sun had all but disappeared and I already had attached the Hoya 16x. But I forgot. But because of this I obtained very surreal and almost mystical light within the long exposure of the water, which was perfect timing as it receded back toward the ocean. The ruggedness of the coastal landscape is emphasized and the mystery of the location- the poetic imagery the morro rock holds is in my opinion center stage of the heart of the photograph. The elements in the picture give it a "wild" and "jurassic" quality. The photo could have been taken thousands of years ago, when strange beasts in the dark depths of the sea roamed a quiet and strange coast. Hence the title.
- Gear: Nikon D5100, nikkor 18-55, cokin graduated filter, hoya pro 16x, slik HD500 tripod, remote shutter
This Photo Has Been Viewed 336 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!