Mossbrae Falls, The Low Down
- Title: Mossbrae Falls, The Low Down
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Shasta County
- Nearest Town: Dunsmuir
- Brief Directions: Interstate 5 in Northern California; exit Dunsmuir Avenue and cross the Sacramento River. Hike north about a mile along the train tracks (a bit like one of the scenes in the movie, 'Stand By Me').
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: This was my first trip to these wonderful falls in Dunsmuir, CA. Within 15 minutes of arrival, I had managed to smother the inner side of my long-sleeved t-shirt with moss and mud, and the backside of my shorts with mud and water. I often get really low to the ground at places like this, at the expense of looking like a dirty wild mountain man in just a few minutes of shooting.
I had the pleasure of shooting with four friends one perfect Monday morning this summer. After being the sole visitors here and having Mossbrae Falls all to ourselves for 3, yes 3, hours...it was off to Burney Falls, Manzanita Lake in Lassen Volcanic National Park, then to Redding to catch some lightning strikes over the famed Sundial Bridge that crosses the Sacramento River.
- Gear: Canon 7D; Canon EFS 10-22 mm; Hoya CPL
This Photo Has Been Viewed 259 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!