- Title: Garrapata Sunset
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Monterey Bay and Big Sur
- Nearest Town: Carmel
- Brief Directions: From the Carmel area, take Highway 1 south. Approximately 4 miles south of the Point Lobos State Reserve entrance marks the beginning of Garrapata State Park. There are many trails to explore down to the water, but most are steep. This cove is located just before Soberanes Point.
- Notes: garrapata state park, carmel, monterey, big sur, sunset, landscape, seascape, california, ocean
- GPS Longitude: 121
- GPS Latitude: 36
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: After shooting all day, both above and below the water, I decided to stay and explore Garrapata State Park. I settled on a cove I knew well and had some of the easier access along this rugged stretch of coast. As the sun dipped below the horizon, the light show kicked in and lasted for at least half an hour. I used a longer exposure to smooth over the water and draw attention to the the play of light and dark as well as accentuate the rich colors.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikkor 12-24mm, Lee GND Filters, Gitzo tripod, Markins Ballhead, RRS clamp and L bracket
This Photo Has Been Viewed 764 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!