Glow After The Storm
- Title: Glow After The Storm
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Yosemite Valley / Yosemite National Park
- Nearest Town: El Portal
- Brief Directions: From Yosemite Village, drive west on Northside Drive, until just before the one-way road becomes two-way. The small parking lot is on the left hand side, about a mile or less before Pohono Bridge.
- Notes: Exposure:
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: When I arrived at the small parking area for Valley View, the earlier storm was rapidly dissipating. The rain had almost stopped, and the clouds above this view were moving across the sky in a hurry. I was in such a rush to set up and capture the scene that I accidentally pulled out a hard stop ND grad filter, instead of a much preferred soft edge filter. By the time I realized my error, the sky was almost completely clear.
Back home I processed this image to maintain a fairly even and consistent exposure, and retain as much detail as possible throughout the scene. I would be the first to admit that technically this image is not perfect; however it sure was a dramatic scene, and one I felt privileged to photograph.
- Gear: Nikon D700 / Nikon 18-35mm f3.5 / Manfrotto Tripod / Giottos Ballhead / Cable Release / Singh-Ray ND Grad
This Photo Has Been Viewed 488 times
, Sun & Sky
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!