Storm Surge & Rock, Garrapata State Park
- Title: Storm Surge & Rock, Garrapata State Park
- State/Province/Region: California
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Big Sur
- Nearest Town: Carmel
- Brief Directions: Garrapata State Park is located approximately 10 miles south of Carmel, California on Highway 1. Look for a small sign announcing the park and then explore the park via the many access gates along the coastal side of the highway.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Garrapata State Park has been photographed by some of the most iconic landscape photographers such as Ansel Adams, Edward Weston, and Morley Baer. It's location and accessibility along California's spectacular Highway 1 make it a must visit destination for photographers looking to shoot dramatic coastal scenery, from vast landscapes to intimate images such as the one above. Anytime of year is a good time to visit but I prefer summers with the great light produced by overcast and foggy weather that occurs regularly.
- Gear: Nikon D3x, 70.0-300.0 mm f/4.5-5.6, Singh-Ray Vari-ND Filter, Gitzo Tripod, RRS Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 153 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!