- Title: Stairway To Ship Rock
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Red Rocks Park
- Nearest Town: Morrison
- Brief Directions: C-470 to Morrison exit, drive west through town, enter first park entrance.
- Notes: Ship Rock is the southern wall to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre and rises higher than Niagara Falls.
The silhouetted west face of Nine Parks Rock is on the right.
Shadows slide off the steps from a rising moon to the east.
- GPS Longitude: 105
- GPS Latitude: 39
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Sandstone steps lead up toward the monolith Ship Rock beneath a celestial night sky.
- Gear: Nikon D80, Nikkor 18-135 DX, Manfrotto 055MF3, Kirk BH-3 head
This Photo Has Been Viewed 683 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!