- Title: Poudre River
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Colorado State Highway 14
- Nearest Town: Fort Collins
- Brief Directions: North out of Fort Collins on US Highway 287 toward Larami, WY, approximately 10 miles to Ted's Place. Turn left on CO 14. Highway runs along the wild and scenic Poudre River.
- Notes: Great yellow fall color of willows and cottonwoods along the river. Aspen at higher elevations. Nice contrasting rock formations along river. Approximately 70 miles to Cameron Pass (10,276 ft.)and the Continental Divide. River and highway run through the Roosevelt National Forest. Ample parking in places but not just any place you want to stop. Rocky and rough once you walk off the highway. Ample camping, hiking and great trout fishing year around. Town of Rustic, CO is approximately 30 miles up the river.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Gear: Camera, tripod, comfortable fall clothing, good hiking shoes.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 785 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!