Emerging From The Mist
- Title: Emerging From The Mist
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Uncompahgre National Forest
- Nearest Town: Ridgeway
- Brief Directions: Drive forest road 858 between Cimarron and Ridgeway, passing Silver Jack Reservoir and descending Owl Creek Pass into the Ridgway area.
- Notes: Dramatic scenery, particularly as you approach Silver Creek Reservoir and then as you descend Owl Creek Pass into Ridgway. You're looking for overcast sky to reduce the contrast in the landscape so you can capture all the wonderful fall colors.
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Cimarron Ridge makes for a dramatic backdrop to peak fall colors among the vast aspen forests of western Colorado. A clearing storm over the Cimarron range makes a dramatic composition.
- Gear: Canon 5D Mark II/ Really Right Stuff Tripod & Ballhead
This Photo Has Been Viewed 594 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!