Lake Isabelle, Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado
- Title: Lake Isabelle, Indian Peaks Wilderness, Colorado
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Route 7
- Nearest Town: Nederland
- Brief Directions: Take Colorado Route 7 north of Nederland and turn left on forest road towards Brainard Lake. Park at the Long Lake Trailhead.
- Notes: The 2.1 mile hike from the parking lot at the Long Lake Trailhead winds its way around beautiful Long Lake and then climbs toward Lake Isabelle. Sunrise and sunset are both equally good for catching a dramatic image of the peaks above Lake Isabelle. Bring along a macro lens for the alpine wildflowers that grow in abundance along the trail to the lake.
- Best Season: Summer
- Gear: Wide Angle Lens and Tripod, Sturdy Boots and Trekking Poles
This Photo Has Been Viewed 2584 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!