- Title: Holly Group Ruins
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyons of the Ancients BLM
- Nearest Town: Dolores
- Brief Directions: This site is easy to find on a map...from 491 outside of Cortez, take County Road BB and travel 6 miles to County Road 10. Take the four wheel drive trail marked with the bird to the ruins.
- Notes: Exploring the Canyons can be extremely hot, and due to remoteness, please be sure to bring plenty of water.
- GPS Longitude: 109
- GPS Latitude: 37
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Canyon of the Ancients is an area of southwestern Colorado and southeast Utah, which includes a high concentration of ancestral Puebloan ruins. This area had a high population density, and "villages" such as this group date from around 400 AD through 1300 AD, when the area quickly and mysteriously was abandoned on a grand scale.
- Gear: Nikon D40x
This Photo Has Been Viewed 155 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!