- Title: Painted Hand Tower
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Canyons of the Ancients BLM
- Nearest Town: Dolores
- Brief Directions: This site is not easy to find on a map...from 491 outside of Cortez, take County Road BB and travel 6 miles to County Road 10. Turn south and go 11.3 miles. Turn left onto a rocky, dirt road for about one mile, and park. The rest of the trail is for hiking. Follow the trail marked with hand prints to the ruins in this area.
- Notes: Canyons of the Ancients BLM has numerous ancestral Puebloan ruins scattered through southwestern Utah, southeastern Colorado. Please, be careful, bring water, and leave no mark.
- GPS Longitude: 108
- GPS Latitude: 37
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: Part of the Canyons of the Ancients historical park in Southwest Colorado, the Painted Hand Pueblo is a remote, yet great example of ancestral Puebloan life before 1100 AD.
- Gear: Konica DiMAGE Z5
This Photo Has Been Viewed 152 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!