- Title: Halfmoon Creek
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Arkansas Valley
- Nearest Town: Leadville
- Brief Directions: The trail begins in the open Arkansas Valley, then winds through the forest, following Halfmoon Creek. You will pass many camping areas and hiking trailheads before the ride gets interesting. Shortly after the Mt. Massive and Colorado Trailhead, the climb gets steeper and rockier.
From here, Halfmoon stays right at the first fork and soon crosses the creek. It continues to climbs to 12,800, well above the treeline and up to Iron Mike Mine, where it deadends.
- Notes: Be prepared for any kind of weather. On July 29, we were slowed by white out snow.
- GPS Longitude: 106
- GPS Latitude: 39
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Loacted southwest of Leadville, this trail leads up to an elevation of 12,800 feet, from open plains and numerous creek crossings and ends at the hisotirc Iron Mike Mine.
- Gear: Nikon D40x
This Photo Has Been Viewed 148 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!