- Title: Soft Light
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Summit Lake
- Nearest Town: Mt. Evans
- Brief Directions: Summit Lake
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: I was doing nitescapes, and took this set of images as the sun began to make its presence at the horizon after the bats flew back to their "caves", This is Summit Lake, below the peak of Mt. Evans and above tree line, maybe around 12,500 ft msl. This is also a terrible place for a jeep fuel pump to quit working, as there is no cell coverage. So, I had to ride my mountain bike back down to the Lodge 10 miles down the mountain to call for a tow, then ride back.
Some technical specs, 5 images blended shot with a Nikon D700, Tokina 16-28 f/2.8, ISO800, 16mm, at f/8, 4 sec exposure. I think I could have gotten away with 4 though.
- Gear: Nikon D700, Tokina 16-28 f/2.8, Induro Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 141 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!