Sunset Through Smoke
- Title: Sunset Through Smoke
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Ute Valley Park
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Ute Valley Park is at the corner of Centennial and Vindicator in northwest Colorado Springs.
- Notes: F22, 1/80 sec., ISO 100, Focal Length 80 (120 equivalent) mm, Post-processing in Adobe LR4 and Photoshop CS5.1
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: On 25 June 2012, the day before the Waldo Canyon Wildfire crested the foothills west of Colorado Springs and entered the city, I set up my camera on a tripod at the western end of Ute Valley Park and waited for the sun to set behind the smoke from the fire. There were a few clouds in the sky but the smoke was rising and drifting north. With the foothills silhouetted I caught this image while the sun was still visible behind the smoke.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Tristar Circular Polarizing Filter, Ledvon 2540-Q Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 441 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!