Top Of The World
- Title: Top Of The World
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Estes Park, CO
- Brief Directions: Take US Highway 36 West from Estes Park, CO into Rocky Mountain National Park towards Grand Lake, CO. Only open from approximately Memorial Day through the first heavy snow fall in mid to late October each year.
- Notes: Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park was built in 1932 an is undoubtedly one of America's most scenic drives. It gets to an elevation over 12,000 and provides many scenic mountain vistas and takes you through an Alpine environment above timber line that is similar to an Arctic Environment. This is truly one of my favorite places to return to as often as possible to take in God's incredible creation!
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: Photo taken on Trail Ridge Road @ over 12,000 ft elevation shortly after sunrise in mid September 2011. Truly illustrates how the "Rocky Mountains" came by their name. The variation in the color of the rock and many different lichens growing on the rock's surface in this Alpine environment similar to an Arctic Environment create and incredible contrast in color.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 108 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!