- Title: Mesa Verde National Park
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Southwest Four Corners
- Nearest Town: Cortez
- Brief Directions: Outside Cortez, Colorado. Follow directions or ask. East out of town.
- Description: Once a year, Luminary Night is hosted by the Mesa Verde Foundation. Luminaries have a presence along paths and roads. Smokeless lights illuminate Spruce Tree House. Spruce Tree House is one of the ancient dwellings in Mesa Verde National Park. Constructed in a cliff alcove with multi-roomed, multistoried houses, towers and kivas. These types of dwellings were home to the Ancestral Puebloans in 1200 - 1280 A.D. It is estimated that The First People to the Mesa Verde region came in about 2200 B.C. The First Ancestral Puebloans arrived sometime around 500 - 600 A.D. Poles come through the small square which is a ladder leading to the underground kiva. "The Great Kiva", at Lowry Pueblo Ruins is featured in My "Winter Black and White Assignment" in my gallery here.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 171 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!