Sunset At The Black Canyon Of The Gunnison
Samantha Lyn Samuelson
- Title: Sunset At The Black Canyon Of The Gunnison
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Town: Montrose
- Brief Directions: Highway 50 out of Montrose going East. Turn left on 347 goes into The National Park. Winter North Rim closed and part of the South Rim.
- Notes: Unique and Awesome Canyon! Rich in history...very wild and wonderful place. The West Elk Mountain Range shown in background.
- Description: "Our surroundings were of the wildest possible description. The roar of the water. ..was constantly in our ears, and the walls of the canyon towering half mile in height above us, were seemingly vertical. Occasionally a rock would fall from one side or the other, with a roar and crash, exploding like a tone of dynamite when it struck bottom, making us think our last day had come." Abraham Lincoln Fellows 1901. This is such a fitting description of The Black Canyon of The Gunnison National Park! Image taken from Warner Point elevation approximately 8,300 ft.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 344 times
, Exotic Places
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!