- Title: King Lake Wildflowers
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Indian Peaks Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Nederland
- Brief Directions: From Nederland, take the road to the small town of Eldora - the trailhead is just past the town.
- Best Season: Summer
- Description: It was raining lightly when I took this picture, while lying on my belly. I stopped the lens down to its smallest aperture, f22. The nearest flowers were only 4 inches in front of the lens, thus demonstrating the incredible depth of field you can get with such a lens. This is a long hike - 12 miles round trip with an elevation gain of about 2500 feet, but well worth it. I took this on August 19, 2011.
- Gear: Olympus E-520, 9-18 mm Zuiko Ultra Wide Angle lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 126 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!