Winter Afternoon In Garden Of The Gods B&w
- Title: Winter Afternoon In Garden Of The Gods B&w
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Garden of the Gods
- Nearest Town: Colorado Springs
- Brief Directions: Garden of the Gods is on the west side of Colorado Springs and is easily accessed from 30th Street. There is no entry fee.
- Notes: F22, 1/60 sec., ISO 200, Focal Length 20 (30 equivalent) mm
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: Garden of the Gods always presents fantastic photo opportunities. By far, my favorite time to image this park is after a snowfall as the pristine white snow contrasts nicely with the many red rock formations and the green pine trees. Also the area is often almost vacant of the large crowds that frequently roam the Garden. Originally I took this picture in sepia mode but transformed it in Lightroom 4 to make this B&W image. With the winter sun in the southern sky and beginning to set in the west, I chose a narrow aperature to create the starburst pattern and increase my DOF. I popped up my camera's built in flash to illuminate the boulder in the foreground.
- Gear: Sony DSLR A-700 Camera, Sony DT 18-200 F3.5-6.3 Zoom Lens, Fill Flash
This Photo Has Been Viewed 206 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!