Grenadier Winter Views
- Title: Grenadier Winter Views
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Weminuche Wilderness
- Nearest Town: Silverton
- Brief Directions: Along Scenic Hwy 550N between Silverton and Durango, Colorado, Molas Pass is at 10,400 feet with spectacular views into and access to the Colorado Trail, Weminuche Wilderness and Grenadier Peaks.
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: I like to return to this location each season of the year. Standing on Molas Pass between Durango and Silverton looking East into the Grenadier Range with a peek at some of the 14,000 foot peaks of the Weminuche Wilderness. The gorge behind the dark middle ground trees gives access to the Colorado Trail, and the popular peaks of Chicago Basin. A favorite for backpackers and peak baggers in Colorado, the "Wham" Ridge and the Trinity Peaks are visible in the distance.
- Gear: Nikon D300, Nikon 16-85mm 3.5 lens, Manfrotto Carbon Fiber Tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 185 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!