Maroon Bells, Co
- Title: Maroon Bells, Co
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Snowmass
- Nearest Town: Aspen
- Brief Directions: Maroon Bells in just a ten min drive from downtown Aspen. Go early in the morning before they shut down the road and cant park up top. You dont want to have to take a tram up with everyone else with all your photo gear.
- Notes: Bring walking shoes, super wide angle lens, and telephoto. Lots of adventuring to shoot.
- GPS Longitude: 39.0708
- GPS Latitude: 106.9886
- Best Season: Autumn
- Description: The Maroon Bells are two peaks in the Elk Mountains, Maroon Peak and North Maroon Peak, separated by about a third of a mile. The mountain is on the border between Pitkin County and Gunnison County, Colorado, United States, about 12 miles southwest of Aspen. Both peaks are counted as fourteeners. Maroon Peak, at 14,156 feet, is the 27th highest peak in Colorado; North Maroon Peak, at 14,014 feet, is the 50th highest. The view of the Maroon Bells to the southwest from the Maroon Creek valley is one of the most famous scenes in Colorado, and is reputed to be the "most-photographed spot in Colorado" and one of Colorado's premier scenic overlooks. The peaks are located in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness of White River National Forest
- Gear: Nikon D7000, Sigma 10-20 Lens, Manfrotto head and tripod
This Photo Has Been Viewed 216 times
, Sun & Sky
, Scenic Routes
, Natural Wonders
, Historic Locations
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!