- Title: Who Was The Lowery Pueblo Mason?
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: In The Canyons Of The Ancients
- Nearest Town: Pleasant View
- Brief Directions: Off of Highway 491 near Pleasant Valley
- Notes: image is looking up close and personal :-)
- Description: At the ruins of Lowery Pueblo dating from 1060 A.D. reflected is the style of Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, which features layers of narrow slabs, small chinking stones, and banding of darker and lighter sandstone as seen here in this Pueblo Ruins in Colorado. The Ancient Puebloans began building this in 1060 A.D. and inhabited it for about 165 years. What has been preserved is remarkable (for those who might appreciate) in remote, remote areas and Sacred Ruins. This is one of the farthest locations from the center In New Mexico, The Chaco Canyon Ruins. "Those Who Came Before" did not leave "things" behind, as some might think and question, rather, The People left what the next People who came through would need on their journey or stay. They were The People. More at peace being "The People"...than may be sometimes assumed.... Evening light.
This Photo Has Been Viewed 238 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!