- Title: Winter Sunshine
- State/Province/Region: Colorado
- Country: United States
- Nearest Area: Camp Hale
- Nearest Town: Minturn
- Brief Directions: Start at Nova Guides at the base of Camp Hale and ascend on Resolution Road and go all the way to the top. The road ends at Ptarmigan Pass. Make a left and head to the Weather Stations located at the peak (easily spotted on a clear day).
- Notes: Taking this ride in the winter is much better and will offer a great, snowy view of Colorado at its best. If you're traveling by snowmobile, I recommend only experienced riders take the ride all the way to the top from the Pass. The trail becomes very steep and its easy to flip a machine, especially with a camera backpack on your back!
- GPS Longitude: 39.493056
- GPS Latitude: -106.253333
- Best Season: Winter
- Description: After riding Racing Snowmobiles through Camp Hale, our guide took us up to one of the most spectacular views in Eagle County. We lucked out because this was the only day which there was no snow and just blue sky and clouds.
- Gear: Nikon D4, Nikkor 14-24mm Lens
This Photo Has Been Viewed 175 times
to view our Interactive Gallery Terms & Conditions.
Get 11 Issues of Outdoor Photographer for only $14.97!
That's 77% off the cover price!